Category Archives: Recipes
Scallops from the oven with red wine sauce and crumble roombotersprits
Starter, 25 minutes , 4 people.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees .
- Melt 30 grams of butter in a wide pan . Add the honey and let caramelize . Add the port and reduce to a syrupy whole. Add the red wine and broth and let it boil down to one third .
- Place the scallops on a baking sheet and divide the rest of the butter over it. Put them 2 to 3 minutes in the oven so that the inside and the outside is golden brown translucent .
- Crumble the sprits and mix it with the lemon zest . Grid mixture crisp in a dry pan .
- Serve each person three scallops with red wine sauce and sprinkle some of the sprit crumble over .
Nutritional per person
- 288 kcal ( 1209 kJ ) .
- Protein : 13 g
- Fat: 10 g ( including 0 g unsaturated) .
- Carbohydrates : 15 g .
- 12 scallops
- 40g soft butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100ml red port
- 300 ml red wine
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 roombotersprits
- Grate of half a lemon
Some ice cubes
Slice of orange
3 parts prosecco
2 parts Aperol
1 part sodawater
Peel (like a potato) the zest of the skins of 12 large fragrant lemons while they are still greenish/yellow.
(Avoid the bitter white bit, just take the colored yellow/green skin from the very outer layer of the peel.)
Soak them in 2 liters of grain alcohol (or vodka) ~ the hardest white liquor you can find.
The Italians call it “alcool” for 12 days.
After 12 days, drain the alcool (which should smell lovely at this point) and blend with 2 liters of sugar water
(dissolve the sugar in warm water~ do not boil) 1600 g of sugar in 2 liters~
Vary amounts of sugar water to lemon alcool to taste~ but don’t “taste” too much!