Author Archives: Ruurd
The big window with the oldfashioned computer buttons was about 6.5×10 feet and was located in large cooled computer room; the little window was a CRT(old TV-like) tube on my desk. Nowadays the same stuff is running on my laptop. 25 years, 250 times smaller (at least).
Scallops from the oven with red wine sauce and crumble roombotersprits
Starter, 25 minutes , 4 people.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees .
- Melt 30 grams of butter in a wide pan . Add the honey and let caramelize . Add the port and reduce to a syrupy whole. Add the red wine and broth and let it boil down to one third .
- Place the scallops on a baking sheet and divide the rest of the butter over it. Put them 2 to 3 minutes in the oven so that the inside and the outside is golden brown translucent .
- Crumble the sprits and mix it with the lemon zest . Grid mixture crisp in a dry pan .
- Serve each person three scallops with red wine sauce and sprinkle some of the sprit crumble over .
Nutritional per person
- 288 kcal ( 1209 kJ ) .
- Protein : 13 g
- Fat: 10 g ( including 0 g unsaturated) .
- Carbohydrates : 15 g .
- 12 scallops
- 40g soft butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100ml red port
- 300 ml red wine
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 roombotersprits
- Grate of half a lemon